Naturally, we may feel inadequate, limited, hopeless and frustrated and these thought patterns often end in state of despair and depression.
However, on the other hand, looking outwards may cause us to be distressed! Here’s the dichotomy we face, looking inwards may lead to a sense of hopelessness, looking outwards causing a sense of distress.
So… where do we look?
The only way is to look upwards, towards God, to behold our heavenly Father, our Abba, in which we are assured and blessed!
Lets go to the scriptures:
1. In times of darkness and gross darkness among the people, God would call His people to arise and Shine
- Isaiah 60v1, Arise, shine; For your light has come! And the glory of the LORD is risen upon you.
- Isaiah 60v2,
“For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the LORD will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.”
2. Paul said perilous times are coming in the latter times
- 2 Timothy 3v1, But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:
- 2 Timothy 3v2, “For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers ofmoney, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- 2 Timothy 3v3, “unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,
- 2 Timothy 3v4, “traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,
- 2 Timothy 3v5, “having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away
- Paul said to Timothy, during these perilous times, be reminded to behold God and His Holy Scriptures continue in the Word of God or the holy Scriptures to become perfect or complete, equipped for every good work.
3. In the midst of adverse circumstances and challenging times, do not behold or focus on those circumstances but continue to behold God and trust Him implicitly.
4. When we behold our God we recognise that God is
God is Sovereign which means that He sits above the circle of the Earth
- Isaiah 40v22,
“It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.
God is Sovereign means God is the Supreme authority. All things are under God’s control. God has absolute right to do all things according to His good pleasure
- God is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscience. Psalm 139
God alone can declare the end from the beginning! God knows your future and your present needs.
- Isaiah 46v9,
Remember the former things of old,
For I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like Me,
- Isaiah 46v10,
“Declaring the end from the beginning,
And from ancient times things that are not yet
done, Saying, ‘My counsel shall stand,
And I will do all My pleasure,’
God is the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ and He is our Father God and God
- John 20v17,
Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, ‘I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.’ ”
Finally behold God Who is our Father and God! Blessed is the man who trusts in Him.
- Psalm 84v11,
For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
The LORD will give grace and glory;
No good thing will He withhold
From those who walk uprightly.
- Psalm 84v12, “O LORD of hosts, Blessed is the man who trusts in Yo